Thursday, May 22, 2014

The most beautiful Spring!

Well hello there!  I feel like I've been away for ages!  We've been so busy around here and oh my goodness...this spring...it is the most glorious spring I have ever seen! 
We've completed several painting projects around the house and although hard work, it's been fun showing this 1950 vintage Cape some love.  Maybe I'll take pics next time?  But there's already so much to tell you! Let's get started!
The Garden
Everything is so green, green, green now!  And lush and gorgeous!  Fields of dandelions everywhere.  Before Tom mowed for the first time yesterday, our lawn was absolutely covered with wild violets, clover, dandelions, wild strawberries, and forget-me-nots.  And all around in the garden beds exciting things are happening - crazy, loopy, big, orange and pink and yellow and white tulips are blooming everywhere, the azaleas are almost electric pink, the Hostas...so many different kinds...are growing inches everyday.  My sugar snap peas and carrots have sprouted and I also have broccoli, red cabbage, rhubarb, and lettuce. 
At the Bird Feeder
I saw my first rose-breasted grosbeak and his colors were so dramatic.  And not long after, a little indigo bunting paid us a visit! Magical, he truly was!  So at the feeder there were bright yellow goldfinches and a dark indigo blue bunting.  And of course there are always jaunty little chickadees everywhere. 
Knitting
I finished two little lacy shawlettes for my nieces, and a cowl for Tom.  Will try to get some pictures up on Ravelry. I'm still pretty new to Ravelry but I'm hoping to utilize that more in the future.  My Rav ID is KnittedinMaine if you would like to see the finished projects (one of these days - ha ha)
And, our local library started a knitting circle on Wednesday evenings which I've joined and it is so much fun!  It's a great group of ladies - smart and funny and all ages from 15 to 70+.  Amazing how the craft can bring so many people together! 
Hiking
On Mother's Day we went hiking on the Sandy Beach Trail at Acadia National Park.  The scenery was stunning!  The trail follows along the ocean and the rocky cliffs.  We had beautiful weather and crashing waves and a picnic.  We hope to go hiking there at least every couple of weeks. 

I'll leave you with some photos from the past couple of weeks.  I hope wherever you are that you are having a Happy Spring!

"So mild the air a pleasure 'twas to breathe,
For what seems heaven above was earth beneath." Henry David Thoreau [May Morning}

Sandy Beach Trail at Acadia National Park

photographic evidence - ha ha

Sandy Beach Trail at Acadia National Park

Sandy Beach Trail at Acadia National Park


Do you see the white image on the petal?  That is a spider!  The strangest I have ever seen.


Front walkway

Perfect afternoon light

Happy spring you crazy tulips!

No comments:

Post a Comment