Monday, October 28, 2013

A finished project and baking bread

No one is more surprised than my husband.  Well, perhaps I am.  But anyway...I finished the Penny Rug!  And...it was really fun and relaxing to make! I don't think all of the stitches show up very well in the photo, but trust me, there are lots and lots of stitches around every little part of the apples.
 
I also tested out the new bread making method I mentioned before...and it worked! 
 
 
 Except you're supposed to be able to make four (smaller) loaves from the dough and I was only able to get three loaves.  But the bread is actually delicious and was super easy to make.  No kneading!  The only downside I can see is I probably won't want to do this during the summer as the bread bakes at 450 degrees...that may not be feasible during the warmer months since we don't have air conditioning.  But it's perfect to warm up the house right now on a chilly morning and plus it makes the house smell great!  Now...I'll have to try out some of the more adventuresome recipes in the book...like Vermont Cheddar Bread or ...heaven help me...Cinnamon Sticky Buns *swoon*.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Domesticity becomes you...
    What spot have you brightened with your rug? I can almost smell the aroma of your freshly baked bread. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread was delish, but I'm ashamed to say I've not made another batch since! I have big plans though...I always do...lol

    ReplyDelete