Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

 
I hope you've had a cozy Valentine's Day!  We had a true Nor'easter last night...swirling and wild winds and blowing snow and then rain and then snow again.  We got out before lunch to dig out -  it's all about the gear!  Can I just tell you how much I *love* my Teva snow boots?  Oh my goodness, they are so warm and cozy.  They're my first pair of snow boots and I only just got them last week while we were in the middle of digging out from the last snow.  What a difference the right gear makes.  As I'm typing this the wind has picked up and snow is swirling again.  But we've done all we're going to do today, anyway.  Cleared our three decks and Tom raked almost all of the roof.  Last night I'd put together a spinach and cheese strata from the fabulous Deb at Smitten Kitchen.  http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/12/spinach-and-cheese-strata/    Don't be put off by the stinky gruyere cheese - really, don't!  It's absolutely heavenly once baked.  So after coming in from shoveling snow, I popped that in the oven and let it bake while I took a hot shower.  Then we dove into it's cheesy bready goodness.  And I had made Tom some white chocolate raspberry truffles. And he surprised me with roses and the sweetest card ever.  Oh how I love that man of mine.  We're sitting here watching it snow, listening to Maine Public Radio's Classical 24 station.  Does it get any better?!
Hope you all have a lovely weekend! 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment