Saturday, September 28, 2013

Bar Harbor

Yesterday we headed back to the coast and spent the day at Bar Harbor...along with about 99,000 German tourists!  Apparently we picked the perfect time...just after some huge ocean liner de-boarded.  Yay us! I lived in Germany when I was a kid...and honestly I heard and saw more Germans yesterday! It was quite the Euro experience - ha!  It was beautiful and fun and all that jazz, but boy was it CROWDed.  I didn't even take a single picture there because it was just too...well...crowded.  You get the idea. We plan to return mid week sometime soon.  We moseyed back toward home, and decided to stop at the College of the Atlantic.  What a treat!  And the best part?  No tourists! 
I think Paul Newman's daughter Nell actually attended this college.  So beautiful and right on the ocean.

Path leading to ocean



My best half chillaxin at the pier.

They also have a lovely little Natural History Museum that the students curated.  And because what visit to the ocean would be complete without seeing a whale skull...here ya go:
 

And the corresponding info on said whale skull:

Well, that's all for today.  But hold on to your hats, because...we're going sailing!  More pics and deets to come my friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment